Sunday, July 24, 2011

Paper Lanterns

I am hesitant to share these for several different reasons...LOL...I literally made 4 of these lanterns, 2 hours before our 4th of July party, so I spent not a lot of time on them and they are not as "pretty" or detailed as I would normally make my projects.  I really wanted to take them to the BBQ we were attending, I thought they would look nice outdoors when it got dark, so at the last minute I began making them.  Well, they never made it outside....and I just took some quick pictures that evening, and they are still sitting in the box in my garage.  But, I wanted to post them anyways because I like to share what I make.  So excuse the pics...they are not good either!!

The file for the lanterns are from MyGrafico and I think they are so cute...I made mine as tall as possible, about 11" or so.  I used some pre-made elements (stickers from Michaels) that I happened to have laying around already.  

I used files from SVGCuts.com called Cheryl's Cute BugsSVG Kit, Made In the USA, & Beach Bum Collection Part III.  Then I put a battery operated "candle" inside to light them up and it was kinda cool because it changed colors.

















2 comments:

  1. Your paper lanterns are soooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some times simple can be the best. These are so cute and I hope they don't stay in your garage for long....haha

    ReplyDelete