Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cauldron with Witches legs

I saw something like this made of plastic that could be purchased at a store, and thought "Hey!", I could make that out of paper!  So this is what I came up with using all files from SVGCuts!  The shoes can be filled with candies and the cauldron can be filled with lots of goodies.  

This stands 17" high and the cauldron is about 24" round.  The legs are made from paper towel tubes and wrapped in ribbon.  The end in the shoe is just folded inwards and hot glued in the bottom of the shoe.  I took  1/4" wooden dowels and hot glued them to the insides of each tube, just to give it some more stability. This thing is very sturdy!  I just wish now that I would have made the legs a little shorter...oh well!

I punched some scalloped circles and added them to the top of the tubes so the legs has something firm to attach to the bottom of the cauldron.  It looks like ruffles from the top of the "leggings".

These are the kits I used from SVGCuts to create this.
Toil and Trouble SVG Kit  and  Party On Elm Street SVG Kit











No comments:

Post a Comment